About Us

Fife: Forthview Parish Church

Fife: Forthview Parish Church has been created, consisting of St Fillan’s Aberdour, Dalgety, Inverkeithing, North Queensferry and Rosyth Parish churches working together. This was agreed by the five churches and approved by Presbytery and the Church of Scotland. It came into effect on 1st January 2024 and will take approximately 5 years to fully implement. The sharing of resources means that there will be one Kirk Session and three full time equivalent ‘ministers’. All the details have not been worked out, it will be a time of challenge for us all giving new opportunities for mission and working together.

This will be a time of change, but also a time of excitement as we move to work together. The reason for this change is because of the decline in the number of ministers and finance, therefore the Church of Scotland proposed a reorganisation of all the churches in Scotland. Fife Presbytery produced a Mission Plan and it was agreed that the Fife churches join into clusters or groups to share and pool resources.

Click here for the Fife: Forthview Parish Church website

Recent News

St Fillan’s & Forthview in Life & Work

St Fillan’s & Forthview in Life & Work

Life & Work, the magazine of the Church of Scotland has been running a feature each month entitled "Our Presbyteries". This month, Fife Presbytery is featured: David Coulter says, the cluster groups have in general worked 'really well', ... the creating of...

read more

Refugee Week at Forthview Parish Church

Dalgety Church, part of Fife: Forthview Parish Church is marking Refugee Festival Scotland with an insight into what life is like for those forced to leave their home country because of war or crisis. It is hosting a series of events as part of Refugee Festival...

read more

Census 2022 – Forthview Parish Church

It is interesting to read how the population of Aberdour differs from that of neighbouring communities and the Scottish average. In Aberdour there are more in the 80 plus age group and less young adults. More say they are "Church of Scotland". A lower proportion are...

read more

The five worshiping congregations

Aberdour, St Fillan’s

Sunday Service: 10:30am

Website: https://stfillanschurch.org.uk/

Facebook: StFillansAberdour

Aberdour is a seaside village with two award winning beaches, a castle, harbour and golf course. Day trippers used to come by boat from Edinburgh, today they come by car or train.

St Fillan’s Church probably dates from 1123 and so is one of the oldest in Scotland, it is described as a mini cathedral. It is open to visitors every day. There is also the church hall dating from 1790 in the centre of the village.

Dalgety Parish Church

Sunday Service: 10:30am

Website: https://dalgety-church.org.uk/

Facebook: DalgetyParishChurch

Dalgety Bay consists of several bays, former estates and in 1917 an airfield. It became Scotland’s first “enterprise town” when construction started in 1965 on the former airfield. It is now a commuter town and the architecture reflects construction by volume housebuilders.

Dalgety Parish Church is a multi-purpose building designed by Marcus Johnston, built in 1981 and extended in 1991. Under its asymmetric roof are the worship area and a suite of halls which are used by the congregation and local community groups.

Inverkeithing Parish Church

Sunday Service: 11:30am

Website: www.inverkeithing-parish-church.org.uk/

Facebook: Inverkeithing Parish Church

Inverkeithing has an important history being on the route from Queensferry going north and was granted Royal Burgh status in the 12th century. It has a strong industrial past of ship breaking, quarrying and paper making. Today it is an important commuter town having important rail and bus links.

The present Inverkeithing Parish Church of St Peter, is a nave and aisle church by Gillespie Graham 1827, this was attached to a 14th-century tower. It was refurbished 1900 and again more recently. Inside the church are several spectacular stained glass windows.

North Queensferry Parish Church

Sunday Service: 10:00am

Website: https://nqchurch.uk/

Facebook:

North Queensferry is situated on the Firth of Forth where the Forth Bridge, the Forth Road Bridge, and the Queensferry Crossing all meet the Fife coast. It derives its name from the ferry service established by Queen Margaret in the 11th century, which continued to operate at the town until 1964, when the Road Bridge was opened.

North Queensferry Parish Church is a modern light and airy church built in 1963.

Rosyth Parish Church

Sunday Service: 10:30am

Website: https://rosythparishchurch.org/

Facebook: rosythparish

Rosyth was founded as a Garden city-style suburb to serve the naval dockyards in 1909. It is Scotland’s only ‘Garden City’.

Rosyth Parish Church was designed in 1930 by Hugh Mottram a pupil of Raymond Unwin the developer of the Garden City concept. The building is reminiscent of Dutch Architecture, with its square tower and steeple finished with a teak belfry, and copper roof crowned by a cross. The later Church Hall extension of 1954 was also designed by Mottram as were some of the houses in the Garden City.

Four of these images are taken from Scotland’s Churches Trust

location

Find the Forthview Churches

Learn More

About Us

Worship

Learn More

Mission & Outreach

Learn More

Family Fun

Learn More

Baptisms, Weddings & Funerals

Learn More

Church Hall Activities

Learn More

Add a new location

×
×